Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just a note of encouragement

Have you ever felt like nobody cared or that the things of life are way too hard? Maybe you feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders and there's no help in sight.

Well, I am facing that reality right now. It's one of those times that I need to tighten my boot straps and start practicing the Word and making it come alive in my heart. Here I am a minister and yet I'm facing discouragement...haha..Not so funny is it?

From my last blog you remember that a lot of doors were shut in my face. I mean one after another, after another..and so on. Today was no different. I called several churches who were looking for a Sr. Pastor to see if I could come and bless them until they found their man. One denomination who I had thought was Pentecostal, told me that they had miss givings about me because I was Charasmatic...That means I Believe the Bible and that I am a Spirit-filled believer.

I understood what they meant and thanked them anyways for their consideration. The fun stuff came when I got off the phone and all these doubts started to flood my mind and and possibly creep into my heart. When you're faced with circumstances that don't stop, it's really easy to give up. So many ministers have quit the ministry because of hard times and other issues. But when the hard times come, don't give up!!! Press in to God and allow His grace, peace and mercy to flood you.

Right now I should be exercising, but I needed to get this out before I put it off and forgot about it. I mean Scripture after Scripture kept rising up from within my heart penetrating my mind into siding with God. I choose to believe God no matter what!! Even though things appear bad and hopeless, I know that my breakthrough is on the horizon. I just need to stay in an attitude of Joy and faith. Joy unspeakable and full of GLORY!! hahaha..hehehe..Heyyyyy!!!

Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; FOR I SHALL YET PRAISE HIM, the help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 34:1 I will BLESS the Lord at all times; His praise shall CONTINUALLY be in my mouth.
- Just read this entire Psalm

Psalm 103:1-5 Psalm 118:24

Psalm 112:6-8 Phil 4:4-8

Psalm 126:1-3

No comments: