Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Updates and other such fluff

As of late, it seems as if I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to blogging. Could it be that blogging really isn't my thing? Maybe it could be the fact that I have nothing relevant to say or that I just don't care to blog anymore. Well, I think that it may just be a combination of everything.

Blogging really isn't an outlet for me to share my deepest thoughts, ideas and whatnot. Many people have volumes of diaries where they share everything that has happened...Today I had waffles for breakfast.....BIG DEAL!! LOL

But seriously though maybe I should start blogging ones a week or a month just to keep people abreast of what is happening in my world. So much has happened in this first quarter of the year that I'm not sure if I could fit everything in. What do I talk about? What do you want to know or even care to know? Whatever it is then I'll try and summarize my life for you and what makes me tick.

As you all know, I'm a 28 years old traveling evangelist with and unshakable confidence in God. Following Him step by step and obeying His voice is something I take very seriously. Have I been perfect in following His plan for my life? Not really...but I do know that if I do miss it, I can repent and start over at the point where I fouled up and start afresh there.

As I said earlier, this year has been pretty interesting for starters as you very well know, the economy tanked in the Babylonian System. This shouldn't affect the Believer, but it has because people got all freaky over it and fear set in. Giving in most churches has dropped and in some places stopped all together. Churches have closed because they couldn't afford to keep the doors open. This isn't a bad confession, but a statement of fact (which by the way can and will change), opportunities for me in the first quarter have pretty much dried up. I was expecting to preach at least 3-4 times each month and yet so far I only preached 3 times. I preached only a quarter of what I was believing for. Did I miss it somewhere? In some areas yes, but none of those had anything to do with me not preaching. There is a devil out there and he doesn't want the Gospel of the Kingdom to go anywhere....A lot of the places I was supposed to go or called all told me the same thing, "Sorry brother, our economy is bad. We can't afford to have anyone" Oh, really?!!!

In my humblest opinion, you can't afford not to have anyone. During difficult times is when people need to be encouraged the most. When people are at the bottom of the barrel, they need some good news in their lives. I have that Good News because I have Jesus...So anyway, sorry about getting on my soapbox there, if you'd like me to elaborate more, just ask...I'm like Kenneth Copeland when it comes to stuff like this; It makes me so mad that Christians would rather believe the devil's lie, instead of God's Truth, His Word.

Because of this, I've had to fight the Good Fight even harder because with all the negativity that has been surrounding me, finances have been low and I have had to double up on the Word and stay in a positive attitude of faith. Affirmative faith is what I call it..Faith that isn't moved by anything, but God and His Word.

On a brighter note, I have been in an interesting relationship with a Special Someone. I went to Rhema with her back in 2001. She was second year and I was first year. We're about the same age, except I'm a few months older. Our story began several weeks ago when I got a message froom her Pastor to call her. At the time, I wasn't dating anyone or even remotely interested in anyone. I asked him why and told him that I didn't even know her number...Bad move...LOL

He wrote back with a more imperative tone and said, "CALL HER NOW!!" I actually thought that she was in some sort of trouble and I was concerned. I saw her more as a sister and I didn't realize that her Pastor was trying to set us up. So I called and the rest is history. If you want to know more, just ask.....Am I in love? Yessss *blushing and grin* Are there marriage bells in our future? Only time will tell because I do need a helpmate, but I need the one that God has ordained especially for me.

My heart is so full this morning. Full of love for this Special Person in my life, but more importantly that the Lord has been truly good in my life. The Bible says in Proverbs 10:22 that "The Blessing of the Lord it makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it." Even when hard ties come, I can still rise up victoriously no matter what. Who cares what people say, what the news media says or even what our government says...MY GOD WILL PUT ME OVER!!!

No comments: