Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why I Dare To Dream Big

To honestly say that 2008 didn't have any challenges and setbacks, I would be lying. Now I don't want to be all down in the mouth and make it seem as if 2008 was miserable, it's just that I lost some really important battles both in my personal life as well as in my spiritual life(ministry included).

For starters, I didn't get to preach as much as I wanted. Since I began in ministry, my itinerary doubled in size every year. This year however, I faced some pretty lean months. Months where I didn't speak at all. Some because of being cancelled on, others, well, They said, "I'll get back to you." If they had no intentions of having me, then just tell me. By the time I realized they were never going to call, it was too late to schedule anything.

Other than that, I nglected to really buckle down and just have a real personal devotion time. I would read and study, but that was for preaching only. I know, I know...you idiot!!! I realize that and so I have made some adjustments that I have implemented starting today. Now you know why I lost some battles.

My success in life solely depends on my relationship with my Heavenly Father. With out really getting to know Him and His Word, I robbed myself from walking in the blessing. By blessing I mean everything: Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically and Financially.

My one true desire is to see the Manifold Blessing of Almighty God explode in my life. I dare to have clear cut vision of what God has designed for my life. even though He moved step by step. I desire to just trust Him as I walk with Him. I desire to see myself better than where I was a year ago. My dream is to reach more people and accomplish more things for the Kingdom of God.

For starters, I desire to understand His Word in a clearer way. My dream is to have the Word just explode in me and become my way of life. My way of victory. My way of success. To accomplish this I have to lay some things aside and pick some things up.

I have to lay aside those things that would rob me and hinder me from fulfilling my call. My call as a minister, but more importantly, my call as a Believer. A Believer's call is to simply believe and act like the Word is so, no matter what.

I dare to dream big because I serve a big God. I dare to dream big because Greater is He that is in me. I dare to dream big because no weapon formed against me can prosper. I dare to dream big because I have the mind of Christ and I know all things.

In the next few days and even weeks, I would like to share with you what my goals are for the year. Why I set them and what I need to do to accomplish them.

I trust that this has awaken you somewhat into what causes success and failure. It ultimately rests on being a doer of the Word and putting the Word first, no matter what.


Love Ya,

Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and always being honest rather than just hitting the highlights so to speak. I'm curious to see what your goals/plans for this year.

I haven't really made any. Not because I don't ahve things I want to do but because I'm being realistic and just continuing the ones I made last year with a few adjustments :)