Friday, November 14, 2008

Don't Stress Out: Trust God!!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you were working on something and yet after you put it together, the thing wouldn't work; so you take it apart and put it together according to the instructions and still it wouldn't work?

Well, something like that happened to me last night. I was putting my ministry packet together and all that was left was to print right on the cd and yet the Express Labeler wasn't working. I kept getting a message saying that the Data Execution Process has shut down this program. The program was working fine before and then all of a sudden!! I was getting pretty annoyed and rather stressed out over the whole thing. I contacted Dell who created my computer and I contacted the publisher that made Express Labeler. I got nowhere. really what I got was a headache and stress.

Late last night I went to the Lord about it and I said, "This is stressing me out, help me!! Give me the wisdom to figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to get this to work." I then reminded Him of His Word and then I reminded myself about what God has to say about wisdom and how to deal with stress a.k.a. "Casting Your Care Upon Him".

Well I went to bed and said, I put this into His hands, I need sleep and I can't afford to get uptight about this. So I woke up this morning and after checking my emails and whatnot, I said, "Let's give it another shot." My printer is an HP which prints directly unto the disk. I have the ink jet kind. So what I was going to do was contact HP about the matter and when I clicked onto the Program, the Express Labeler came up and to make a long story short, I got the cd's printed.

Don't ask how it happened, God fixed the problem and He gave me the wisdom to go through this problem another way which resulted in finding the answer... Hallelujah.

So, are you a little stressed about something going on in your life? Maybe it's something more serious than a computer glitch. Whatever it is, be assured that God is on your side and He wants so desperately to help you. He'll give you the wisdom and skill needed to rise up victorious and to come out on top.

First you need to recognize that the enemy first of all may be satan or it could just be your mind which needs renewed, Secondly, instead of worrying, ask the Lord to give you the wisdom needed to solve the problem; He'll do it do.. :-) Finally, cast all your worries and anxieties over on Him, He can handle things better than we can.

1. Recognize the source of your stress
2. Ask God for wisdom
3. Cast your care over on Him
4. Get into an attitude of thanksgiving

2 comments:

Quebedeaux said...

I love how God fixes things when we give it to Him!!

So you are a late arriver?

Anonymous said...

At Accent Packaging Equipment we offer packaging solutions for companies looking at cost effective packaging equipment. If you need results in weigh filling, liquid filling, labeling or packaging, you came to the right place.