Saturday, October 18, 2008

Called in season and out of season

Today I leave for another opportunity to prove that the Word works. I have always said that a travelling minister needs to be instant in season and out of season and so far, I've been right. I received a call Wednesday morning from a Pastor who was in a bind regarding his church. This Sunday he was supposed to have a guest minister come and speak for "Pastor Appreciation Day", however, the guy called and said that he was sick or something and wouldn't be able to make it.

That's why I got the call; sort of last minute, but hey, I had the weekend off and I didn't mind going back out on the road. I also look at it this way, I'm sowing seed into good ground with this church and its' Pastor. I could have pulled out an old sermon to use, but sensed that I needed to prepare fresh Manna.

Paul instructed Timothy to be instant in season and out of season and so I wonder what the Lord has in store for not only this Church (I've never been here), the Pastor and even myself.

I have also entered a season where it seems as if the Lord has really opened the flood gates in my life. I have been busy all year and I'm still getting more and more opportunities at every turn. I close this month by speaking at my churches "Healing School" on October 30th. The staff at the church I attend are all Rhema grads and have had successful ministries prior to coming on staff. My Senior Pastor: Rev. John and Michelle Nuzzo have done it all. They were Children's Pastor's; Travelling Ministry as well as serving on the Mission field in Africa. All of this before founding Victory Family Church in 1993.

Victory is now on a 12 million dollar campaign to begin phase 2 of the building program. I have seen the Lord move mightily here and I'm glad that I have a part in it. We are touching a generation and God is getting the glory for it. I encourage anyone to check us out @ www.lifeatvictory.com and see for yourself all that is taking place.

It's now 10 to 9 and I need to get packing so that I can leave on time. I practically live out of a suitcase and so this shouldn't take too long. I plan on ministering on Knowing Your Identity In Christ. I have no idea what will take place or even what will come out of my mouth, but if I step out boldly speak as led, he'll fill it.

No comments: